There is so much more to your fertility than making babies.
Your fertility and menstrual cycle is an extension of your health.
What is the Fertility Awareness Method?
The Fertility Awareness Method (FAM) is an evidenced-based practice of observing and charting the body’s natural fertile signs to identify the fertile and infertile phases of the menstrual cycle.
FAM can be used for the purpose of achieving pregnancy, avoiding pregnancy, or for tracking general cycle health and wellness.
By learning to chart your hormone biomarkers – your natural signs of fertility – you will be able to identify your fertile time, establish if ovulation has occurred, gain insight to the health of your cycles, and make empowered and informed decisions about your fertility and health.
Intentions for Using the Fertility Awareness Method (FAM)
FAM can help you:
- Accurately interpret your fertility signs
- Optimise your chances of conceiving naturally
- Navigate your cycle for natural birth control
- Cultivate an awareness and understanding of your menstrual cycle and the health insights it can offer
- Deepen a positive relationship with your body
- Identify when your fertility is returning after having a baby
How Reliable is FAM for Natural Birth Control?
Research has shown the Fertility Awareness Method, specifically the Symptothermal Method (tracking cervical mucus patterns and basal body temperature changes), is 99.6% effective with perfect use when abstaining from sexual intercourse/contact during the fertile window. When using condoms as barrier methods during the fertile window, the method is 99.4% effective with perfect use.
It is important to note here that these effectiveness rates can be achieved provided the method is taught by a trained instructor and the appropriate guidelines are consistently adhered to.
The typical use of Symptothermal Methods for birth control is between 86.8% and 98.2% effective.
Perfect use effectiveness is how well the method works if used correctly and consistently all of the time. Whereas typical use effectiveness is based on what generally happens in real life and accounts for human error.
1:1 FAM Education Mentoring Package
Duration: 4x session package (one session per month)
Your investment: $500 AUD
(Option to pay in full or as a payment plan)
This package includes:
- 1:1 online education on the Symptothermal Method (this includes cervical mucus and basal body temperature charting (in Celsius/°C), with the option of cervix position checks)
- 4 sessions (session 1 is 90mins, sessions 2 & 3 are 60mins, and session 4 is 45mins)
- Email support in between sessions for the duration of the package
- An education manual – a physical copy will be posted to you
- Additional handouts and resources
- Practice charts
- Discount on future chart review sessions
What is covered during each session:
- Session 1 – 90 minutes
- Review of your intake form (which you will have filled out ahead of time) and discussion of your health history and goals for using FAM.
- Mini lesson on the reproductive anatomy and the menstrual cycle.
- Introduction to the Fertility Awareness Method and the main fertile signs – Cervical Mucus, Basal Body Temperature, and Cervix Position.
- Introduction to basic charting.
- Client Homework: Start charting.
- Session 2 – 60 minutes
- Review your chart and answer any questions you may have.
- Deeper dive into the practice, including learning how to chart your menstrual cycle and fertile signs for fertility awareness.
- Client Homework: Complete practice charts. Continue personal cycle charting practice.
- Session 3 – 60 minutes
- Review of practice chart homework, as well as your own chart.
- Explanation of the Rules of FAM for either contraception or to achieve pregnancy (depending on your personal goals).
- If trying to avoid conception, discuss how to manage the fertile window. Plus pre-ovulatory intercourse and safe days.
- Client Homework: Continue personal cycle charting practice.
- Session 4 – 45 minutes
- Review of your own charts.
- Check in with your progress and answer any questions you may have.
- Discuss your next steps based on your intentions for using FAM and where you are with your understanding of the method.
Note: 1:1 FAM Education Mentoring Package is currently only available for those living in Australia.
— MY BOOKS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR 2022 —
I will be opening my books again for 1:1 FAM clients in early 2023.
If you are interested in learning the Fertility Awareness Method, please feel free to contact me to join the waitlist.